Senior Project Manager, Engineering-
Calgary, AB or Port Coquitlam, BC
Reporting to the Director, Engineering, the Senior Project Manager, Engineering is accountable for successful completion of various capital projects while providing technical support and guidance in troubleshooting plant equipment and service issues. This position provides diligence, rigour, cost control and effective project management skills to deliver successful execution of major capital projects ranging in value from $5K-$2M.
- Accountable for leading efforts to drive continuous improvement with regards to engineering and capital projects within multiple facilities.
- Manage various capital projects at our Port Coquitlam plant, Abbotsford plant and Hatchery from concept through to commissioning including budget preparation, cost tracking and negotiating with vendors.
- Participate in the development of long term capital plan to support plant reliability and future growth.
- Working with the plant managers and their teams, assess and prioritize process/project opportunities and manage it from beginning through to completion.
- Provide technical support and guidance in troubleshooting plant equipment and services.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred;
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive engineering/technical experience in a manufacturing environment Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing capital projects;
- Experience in food manufacturing is required, meat manufacturing preferred;
- Excellent organization and project management skills including planning, scheduling, assigning, budgeting and managing;
- Travel is required
Build your career, apply today!