At Sofina Foods Company Our vision is compelling. Join us on our journey. Our people are a source of pride, strength and inspiration. We are guided by an entrepreneurial spirit and a disciplined approach to creating business opportunities.
Sofina Foods Inc. is a privately owned Canadian company headquartered in Markham, Ontario dedicated to providing great tasting, high quality food products for retail and foodservice. As one of the nation's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products, Sofina Foods has a broad portfolio of branded and private label pork, beef, turkey, and chicken products. Sofina's family of branded products consists of: Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fearmans Pork, Fletcher's, Vienna, Cuddy and Quality Meats. Sofina Foods currently operates 18 HACCP approved manufacturing facilities, three hatcheries and has over 4,700 employees.
Sanitation Supervisor – Edmonton South
Reporting to the Afternoon Shift, Plant Superintendent, the Sanitation Supervisor is accountable for the overall plant and equipment cleanliness and sanitation. Position works closely with Sanitation employees, Quality Assurance, and Operations. As part of the plant’s leadership team, the Sanitation Supervisor contributes to building and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement of processes, efficiencies and productivity.
- Manages an employee group of approximately 14, responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Participates in recruitment of employees,
- Coordinates and facilitates training and development of employees, including cross training employees on the various areas of the facility,
- Performance management.
- Review weekly and daily production schedules and schedule staff accordingly.
- Develop, review and revise SSOP’s in conjunction with Quality Assurance.
- Monitors production environment (i.e. equipment, quality, cost, efficiencies, etc.) through establishing a feedback mechanism to ensure proactive resolution of sanitation issues and consistent quality of work and product.
- Ensures employee safety and compliance to all Health & Safety and Food Safety policies and procedures, including conducting inspections and training.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience; a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A background in chemical engineering would be considered and asset.
- Strong knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point), WHMIS 2015/GHS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) and Lean manufacturing concepts.
- Proven experience in and ability to manage workforce within the guidelines provided in the Terms and Conditions, and Human Resources policies and guidelines.
- Strong leadership, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities is required.
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Build your career, apply today!