HACCP Coordinator / QA Analyst - Belleville
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the HACCP Coordinator / QA Analyst is primarily responsible for the maintenance of the facility’s HACCP/QMS system including HACCP plans, prerequisite and BRC programs. In addition, the incumbent would be the primary contact for daily CFIA tasks as well as carrying out the necessary training for associates and production management on specific food safety program requirements.
- Manage Sofina HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) program which includes verification of documents, onsite observations, and updates for new products or processes.
- Accountable for preparation and participation in all third party audits/CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency). Maintain professional interaction with all third party auditors /CFIA. Participate in internal and external quality audits and operational reviews. Conduct quality audits. Provide timely feedback to the QA Manager and the Plant Management on quality issues and recommend corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Audit production facility and processes to ensure managers / employees adhere to HACCP, Quality Assurance programs and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Oversee all pest control activities, including activities of the pest control provider.
- Accountable to participate in QA projects such as microbiological sample collection (e.g. Salmonella, Listeria) collecting template data, validation studies, new product launch, etc., with a goal of improved compliance and operational efficiency.
- Responsible for leading and/or assisting the QA Manager in all food safety investigations /risk assessments and completing the necessary documentation requirements using the Food Safety Assessment Report
- Bachelor of Science or College Diploma in Food Science or other related science discipline with 3-5 years of food safety related experience is an asset;
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) and government regulations in regards to meat processing.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
Build your career, apply today!