Production Supervisor (AM/PM shift)
Reporting to the Superintendent, the Production Supervisor (AM/PM) will supervise production operations on assigned shift in accordance with production schedules and standards that achieve/meet requirements for safety, regulatory compliance, environment, quality, customer service and cost. As part of the Plant’s leadership team, contributes to building and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement.
- Accountable to work within the Brampton HACCP/GMP plan to maximize the value and yield of the purchased product and meet all regulatory criteria. Responsible for covering LOAs, Vacations, and Sick shortages for other supervisors;
- Provide coaching, cross-training, addressing and resolution of employee-related issues and concerns within the framework of the Company’s policies or collective agreement ensuring consistency in dealing with employee issues;
- Accountable for ensuring the Health and Safety of employees by utilizing tools such as regular safety talks, administering first aid, prompt and detailed incident investigations and follow up on recommended corrections;
- Monitors effective deployment of Human Resources throughout the process while ensuring the correct administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement;
- Accountable for a safe working environment through the development of strategies focused on accident reduction.Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory role or equivalent combination of experience and training;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Meat Processing Industry;
- Experience in an unionized environment and ability to manage within the terms and conditions of the collective agreement;
- Computer literacy (work processing and spreadsheets – MS Excel).Build your career, apply today!