Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Coordinator is accountable for administering HR programs, policies and procedures and for meeting the Plant’s staffing needs for hourly positions to support business priorities, carries out administrative work involving the human resources functions and maintains related records.
- Supports recruitment and selection processes for hourly employees from vacancy management to orientation for successful candidates including all aspects of the hiring process (leads interviews, develops recruitment plans, prepares letters of offer, conducts reference checks and exit interviews, creates job postings).
- Administers aspects of the Collective Agreement and grievance process to ensure that employee-related issues are properly addressed and resolved.
- Administers current HR policies and practices including attendance management, vacation and leaves.
- Provides advice and administrative support to management regarding investigation and discipline situations. Ensures confidentiality of all HR related information/documentation as per company policies.
- Provide administrative support as required.
- Diploma or Certificate in Human Resource Management supplemented with relevant experience in Human Resources is desired. (An equivalent combination of education or experience may be considered.)
- 2 years of experience in related field
- Knowledge and understanding of recruitment and selection methodologies and practices, provincial employment and human rights legislation required
- Understanding of recruitment and compensation support processes for hourly union positions
- Experience in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of WorkSafeBC and Health and Safety considered an asset
- Good communication, conflict resolution and analytical skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).