At Sofina Foods Company Our vision is compelling. Join us on our journey. Our people are a source of pride, strength and inspiration. We are guided by an entrepreneurial spirit and a disciplined approach to creating business opportunities.
Sofina Foods Inc. is a privately owned Canadian company headquartered in Markham, Ontario dedicated to providing great tasting, high quality food products for retail and foodservice. As one of the nation's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products, Sofina Foods has a broad portfolio of branded and private label pork, beef, turkey, and chicken products. Sofina's family of branded products consists of: Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fearmans Pork, Fletcher's, Vienna, Cuddy and Quality Meats. Sofina Foods currently operates 18 HACCP-approved manufacturing facilities (17 in Canada and one in the northwestern United States), three hatcheries and has over 4,700 employees.
Maintenance Manager – Edmonton South
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager is accountable for ensuring delivery of engineering and maintenance services to the facility. Responsibilities include providing leadership and direction in assessing, determining and executing facility capital expenditures and maintenance enhancement needs. Areas of focus include; implementing efficiencies within current facility and equipment, future development and/or expansion of capacity and facility, monitoring and streamlining of processes, and development and mentoring of staff. The Maintenance Manager oversees the maintenance department including maintenance supervisor and maintenance staff.
- Provide engineering and maintenance guidance and leadership at the plant level.
- Manage and work in collaboration with Corporate Engineering, on all facility capital maintenance and engineering projects including; prioritizing plant needs, AFE proposal and vendor selection, developing project schedules and work teams, coordinating project activities and resources, controlling project funds, overseeing the engineering and maintenance groups to ensure timely completion of projects, coordinating and implementing start-up and training procedures as required.
- Drive continuous improvement in areas of equipment reliability and throughputs, including analysis to identify root cause of downtime and inefficient operations. Recommend equipment/processing system modifications and/or replacement as needed to improve plant performance.
- Administer the Preventative Maintenance Program with a focus on preventing the plant from equipment breakdown, including inspections, delegation of maintenance activities and tasks, allocation of resources and follow up.
- Work closely with key department stakeholders to understand the complete production/maintenance objectives and deliverables including plant compliance including; establish schedules and methods for providing maintenance and repair services, identify and allocate resources required, follow up to ensure completion.
- Responsible for sourcing and supervising third party contractors for repairs, maintenance and equipment installation/removal, beyond the scope of workforce. Ensures quality workmanship and completion to our specifications and requirements.
- Develop and manage annual maintenance/engineering costs, analyzing opportunities for savings. This includes ensuring adequate inventory levels of parts and supplies to minimize downtime while reducing inventory costs.
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Supervisor; plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of staff responsible for maintenance of the plant including equipment repairs and installations to ensure production schedules are met.
- Provide leadership and supervision to staff by hiring, reviewing performance and providing feedback, determining training and development needs, and providing coaching and work direction. Develop plans and measurements to ensure improved competencies of mechanical and electrical personnel are established and maintained against future maintenance requirements.
- Lead the review, development and implementation of policies and procedures, including user manuals and training materials.
- Accountable to adhere to and utilize Company policies and procedures, and HACCP regulations.
- Accountable to ensure a safe work environment for coworkers, customers, and visitors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred).
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in the food industry dealing with preventative/predictive maintenance processes and technical guidance (meat manufacturing preferred).
- 5th Class Power Engineering or greater, certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of CAD System and ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Working knowledge of ammonia plant operations including powerhouse support.
- Strong project management skills in planning, scheduling, assigning, budgeting and management.
- Strong communication skills required. Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).