Production Supervisor (Night Shift) – Mitchell
Reporting to the Plant Superintendent, the Production Supervisor will be responsible to supervise post/pre-production operations, in coordination with maintenance and sanitation activities, to meet requirements for safety, regulatory compliance, environment, quality, customer service and cost. As part of the Plant’s leadership team, contributes to building and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement of processes, efficiencies and productivity.
- Deliver results for production lines on assigned shifts(s) in accordance with approved production plans/schedules to meet business objectives;
- Provide effective leadership and direction to hourly employees(coaching, cross-training, addressing and resolution of issues and concerns);
- Communication and on-going reinforcement of production performance indicators/requirements (ie. health and safety, food safety and quality, customer service and cost);
- Check daily and weekly production schedules & stock available against plans. Advise plant management of any discrepancies/issues to ensure uninterrupted production process and meeting required efficiency/productivity levels.
- Contribute to reviews and analysis of the production performance indicators to maximize the value and quality of production outputs;
- Monitor the production environment (i.e. equipment, quality, cost, efficiencies, yield, etc.) through establishing a feedback mechanism to ensure proactive resolution of production issues and consistent quality of work and product.
- Ensure all plant sanitation SOP’s are met prior to each day operations start-up; conduct inspections, compile reports, identify sanitation violations, recommending changes as needed. Contribute to reviews and analysis of the plant sanitation program to maximize the effectiveness of the program.
- Responsible for transfer of care duties and live shed; responsible for after-hours building security.
Minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience;
Strong knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point), WHMIS and Lean Manufacturing concepts
Knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook);
Excellent communication and analytical skills;
Build your career, apply today!
Visit our “Career Growth Opportunities” page on the Extranet to apply for this exciting opportunity!
For more information on this Career Growth Opportunity please contact
Jennifer Keeler, Manager Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Or call (519) 348-0290 Ext 294 or cell (226) 377-4116