Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Accountant is responsible for the preparation and analysis of the Financial Statements for two plants and the consolidated results. Detail oriented and skilled at managing competing priorities you are responsible for working with all business partners to compile and analyze accurate information to support their decision making process.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of consolidated financial reports and working papers, providing analysis and commentary to all financial results. Lead support external audit liaison and completion.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation and analysis of key operational reports as part of the month end process.
- Identify opportunities and develop tools / reports to improve / expand plant reporting to assist operational supervision in the management of their business units and to enable better business decisions.
- Provide recommendations for streamlining existing processes and system to help generate synergies between locations, including internal control systems to meet external audit requirements.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) (or in final completion of experience requirement)
- Minimum five years of accounting, analysis and financial reporting experience in a manufacturing environment (food industry an asset)
- Strong interpersonal skills partnered with the ability to communicate effectively with all areas of the organization
- Excellent time management skills, strong communication, conflict resolution and analytical skills
- Strong financial systems and master data governance experience
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook); expert Excel skills