Facility Cost Accountant – Edmonton
Reporting to the Facility Controller, the Facility Cost Accountant provides financial analytical support to the plant management. This includes adherence to the company’s corporate cost and reporting systems in the plant. As the incumbent, you ensure integrity of the plant’s financial reporting in accordance with established corporate standards and requirements.
- Accountable for coordinating, developing and maintaining production costs analysis, including direct labour analysis, in coordination with the Plant Manager.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation and analysis of key operational reports, and preparation of monthly accruals and other month end journal entries as part of the month end process.
- Provide recommendations regarding cost-saving strategies and ways to improve processes in achieving company standards and continuously improving costs.
- Supports the plant management in the analysis of variances between actual costs occurring at the plant and standard costs, and impact of variances on the plant’s financial performance. Reviews standards compliance and identify potential cost reduction opportunities. Provides assistance in resolving issues related to standard/direct costs.
- A diploma/degree in accounting or finance or related accounting reconciliation experience is required.
- 3 years experience of cost accounting within an integrated manufacturing environment. Pursuing an accounting designation (CPA) is considered an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook); moderate Excel skills considered an asset.
- Position requires a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong interpersonal skills partnered with the ability to communicate effectively with all areas of the organization.
- Excellent time management skills, strong communication, conflict resolution, and analytical skills.