Quality Assurance Technician – Brampton
Reporting to the Manager, Quality Assurance, the Quality Assurance Technician monitors and inspects products, materials, equipment, and production facilities to comply with Quality by Process philosophy, QA programs and specifications, to excel customer expectations ensuring compliance with government regulation.
- Understand QA documents such as HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) Plans, CCPs (Critical Control Points), pre-requisite programs, Standard Operating Procedures and complete corresponding records, to ensure procedures and records are followed and completed appropriately;
- Perform Quality Assurance checks such as CCP checks, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) monitoring, Pre-operational inspection, prerequisite checks, and conformity of finished products throughout the manufacturing process, inspect incoming material, etc. to ensure all procedures are fully implemented and to confirm acceptance to required specifications;
- Participate in internal and external quality audits and operational reviews. Conduct quality audits. Provide timely feedback to the QA Manager and the Plant Management on quality issues and recommend corrective actions and preventative measures. Assist the QA Manager in orienting all employees on quality, regulatory and food safety principles and policies and in ensuring they remain current in their knowledge;
- Train all personnel at the Plant (i.e. production, quality, shipping, maintenance, etc.) on quality requirements.
- Accountable to participate in Quality Assurance projects such as microbiological sample collection (e.g. Salmonella, collecting template data, etc. with a goal of improved compliance and operational efficiency.)
- Certificate or Diploma in Quality Assurance or a related discipline, with relevant food processing experience;
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, GMP, Quality regulatory requirements and systems;
- Strong understanding of manufacturing food processes;
- Proficient skill in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.