Accounts Receivable Assistant- Montreal (15 months' contract)
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Receivable & Trade Spend, the Accounts Receivable Assistant is responsible for maintaining accurate, up-to-date customer accounts through payment application, discrepancy resolution and effective communication.
- Prepare deposits, applying payments to customer accounts in a timely manner with a high attention to detail. Ensure all applications reconcile accurately to the bank account.
- Investigate and resolve payment discrepancies, gaining appropriate authorization for necessary adjustments, including, but not limited to credit memos, trade spend deductions and non-compliance charges.
- Actively collect on overdue payments using various methods such as customer statements, phone calls, submitting claims through customer online portals, placing accounts on hold and / or into formal collections, while keeping the Manager informed of challenges, recommendations and next steps on a weekly basis.
- Professionally resolve issues for and respond to internal and external customer inquiries to develop and maintain strong customer relationships with a high level of integrity.
- Ensure all related documentation is filed accurately and timely for internal customer use and external audit requirements.
- Completion of a University Degree or College Diploma is preferred;
- At least 2 years of related Accounts Receivable experience;
- An effective communicator who is a team player with strong organization and time management skills
- Experience with MS office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook).