Transportation Supervisor -
Reporting to Manager, Transportation West, the Transportation Supervisor will handle day to day TMS (Transportation Management System) compliance & updates. The Supervisor will be required to work closely with the GPS (Global Positioning System) & ELD (Electronic Logging Devices) implementation, assess the project scope given to them and deploy problem solving methods. The Supervisor will be required to work at the site level as required to understand the needs of the local teams and problem solve on site with site level salaried and hourly employees.
- Work with the Lilydale plants in Western Canada to plan, coordinate and improve all aspects of transportation using the Sofina TMS. This includes but is not limited to tendering loads & monitoring shipments.
- Audit and approve freight billing, investigate any exceptions, code invoices where applicable and prepare monthly freight accruals for Finance if needed.
- Sign off on invoices for monthly tractor leases, fuel costs and trailer rentals.
- Receives and resolves carrier inquiries/complaints as per our internal metrics requirements and appropriately escalates issues.
- Ensure that all relevant data is properly collected and maintained in the TMS in conjunction with the two Transportation Managers (East and West)
- Minimum High school diploma however post-secondary diploma/degree strongly preferred; with a minimum 5 years of experience in a logistics role (shipping, receiving, transportation)
- PLOG or CITT preferred; TMS & GPS experience preferred
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment is an asset;
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong planning, analytical skills and attention to detail
- ERP experience is required
Build your career, apply today!