Health & Safety Specialist – Burlington
Reporting to the Manager, Health & Safety, the Health and Safety Specialist is accountable for the implementation and monitoring of processes and practices to achieve a safe and healthy work environment. This includes providing occupational health and safety advice to the plant staff to facilitate compliance with Plant and Sofina H&S requirements, occupational health and safety legislation, guidelines, and standards to support plant’s health and safety program and initiatives.
- Partner with the Plant Health & Safety Manager and Operations Management to provide guidance and technical support regarding specific issues relative to health & safety programs, initiatives and policies;
- Accountable for the facilitation and monitoring of the Plant Health & Safety Program to eliminate the risks causing workplace incidents and injuries;
- Accountable for the facilitation and monitoring of a safe work environment for employees, contractors, and visitors;
- Accountable for identifying, developing, & delivering health & safety training requirements for the workforce;
- Conduct audits to ensure safe plant operations, facilitating corrective actions with plant management as necessary;
- Collect and analyze statistical data pertaining to the plant’s health & safety management system. Prepare reports to support various health and safety initiatives;
- Support the requirements of the plant case management coordinator as required as directed by the Plant H&S Manager;
- Provide ongoing support/guidance/participation as a member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee;
- Participate in Company health & safety initiatives (such as strategic meetings, conference calls, audits, special projects, etc.) to ensure site representation, inclusion, and consistency.
- Diploma/ Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, in the process of obtaining certification or an equivalent combination of experience and training;
- Degree as a Kineologist, Ergonomics is an asset;
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of applicable Provincial/State safety legislation and regulation, Occupational Health and Safety standards is required;
- Valid Advanced First Aid Certificate or Emergency Medical Technician Certification is required;
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
Build your career, apply today!
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.