HACCP Coordinator – London
Reporting to the Manager, Quality Assurance, the HACCP Coordinator is accountable for implementing and maintaining the HACCP program. Responsible for Food Safety and Regulatory compliance to ensure that the Company’s objectives for food safety and regulatory compliance meet or exceed Regulatory Agency’s requirements and support Sofina’s Quality by Process philosophy.
- Manage Sofina HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) program which includes verification of documents, onsite observations, updates for new products or processes and a yearly reassessment to ensure compliance to regulations;
- Assist and accompany CFIA inspectors during performance of their CVS tasks including product or environmental sampling. Implement and manage CFIA rules and regulations;
- Accountable for preparation and participation in all third party/CFIA audits. Maintain professional interaction with all third party auditors /CFIA.
- Participate in internal and external quality and food safety audits and operational reviews. Conduct quality and food safety audits; Provide timely feedback to the Manager, Quality Assurance and the Plant Management on quality issues, food issues and recommend corrective actions and preventative measures based on Root Cause analysis;
- Audit production facility and processes to ensure managers / employees adhere to HACCP, Quality Systems and Quality Assurance programs. When there is a deviation, this is reported to management to implement compliance.
- Cover for Quality Assurance Manager vacations and be able to lead the team of QA Technicians in absence of the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Diploma/ Degree in Food Science, or a related discipline with a three to five years of food safety related experience is required
- HACCP Certification required. Knowledge of Statistical Process Control is required;
- Strong knowledge of GMP, GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative), Quality regulatory requirements and systems;
- Strong leadership and communication skills.