Health & Safety Specialist – London
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Health and Safety Specialist is accountable for the implementation and monitoring of processes and practices to achieve a safe work environment at the London facility. This includes providing occupational health and safety advice, to the plant staff, to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety legislation, guidelines, and standards to support the plant’s safety program and occupational risk management initiatives.
- Provide leadership, guidance and technical support to plant management regarding specific issues relative to health & safety programs and policies at the facilities;
- Accountable for identifying, developing, and delivering the health & safety training requirements for the workforce based on legislative requirements and trend analysis;
- Provide on-going support/participation to the Joint Health and Safety Committees;
- Accountable for claims/case management requirements of the facilities as required.
- Relevant post-secondary education with formal Health and Safety training, or an equivalent combination of experience and training;
- Three years’ of experience in a Health and Safety role;
- Unionized manufacturing experience is an asset;
- Knowledge of applicable Provincial Safety Legislation and Regulations and Occupational Health and Safety standards;
- Knowledge of Claims Management and Workplace Safety & Insurance Board policies and procedures