Reporting to the Controller, the Cost Accountant provides accurate and timely financial data to support the plant and other functional supporting departments. The incumbent ensures data integrity of the plant’s financial reporting in accordance with established corporate standards and requirements.
- Maintains, prepares, analyzes, and takes ownership of yield and labour reports for the facility, to support the plant on review of daily metrics.
- Maintains, prepares, analyzes and take ownership of productivity tracker reporting.
- Completes all month end processes related to the facility.
- Reviews all AP invoicing to ensure coding is accurate and in adherence to Corporate standards.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual Operations packages, as well as Ad Hoc analysis for the Plant Manager, Controller, and Corporate Offices as requested
- Audits internal processes as required, participates in the preparations for a year-end audit required by the internal and external accountants.
- Responsible to assist and support plant management on various departmental initiatives ensuring ongoing analysis and identifying improvement opportunities.
- A Diploma in accounting or finance. Valid CPA or working towards one.
- 2 years costing accounting and cost reconciliation in a manufacturing environment is required
- Position requires a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), ASPE
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and Intermediate knowledge with excel (must be strong with Pivot Tables and file linking)
- Knowledge of financial/operational database programs ERP System (experience with AS400/CSB considered an asset)