Accounts Receivable Analyst – Goreway
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Receivable, the Accounts Receivable Analyst is responsible for the daily administration of cash receipts and debit notes and reconciling customer accounts. This role will effectively deal with customers to resolve outstanding deduction and interact closely with the sales team and customer service to support and investigate issues pertaining to outstanding accounts.
- Accountable for key accounts, daily cash application, obtaining copies of debit notes and supporting back up. (Required for the purpose of allocation verification, investigating, processing and approvals)
- Investigate shortage/damage/return claims, etc. from customers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for approving credit notes in a timely manner.
- Responsible for management of accounting transaction in support of the receivables process including establishing and maintaining account reconciliations
- Generate and send out customer statements as required.
- Manage the collection activities by collaborating with various team members such as Sales and Customer Service to eliminate all obstacles.
- Review weekly aging report to address accounts past due. Contact customers regarding past due accounts. Identify causes for nonpayment and communicate problems for corrective action to be taken.
- Responsible for balancing the AR (AS400) to the GL on a weekly basis and clearing the journals in the AS400 (for Brampton, London, and Janes- Orlando and Canarctic).
- Assist Trade Spend team with clearing of fixed rebate deductions. Continuously work to improve A/R processes through technology or quality improvements.
- Perform administrative duties as required including maintenance of filing system. Back-up and Vacation coverage for the AR team.
- Post-secondary education in Business or a related field.
- 3 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable.
- Knowledge of the food industry is an asset.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).