National Account Manager (Grocery) – Markham
Reporting to the Director, Grocery, the National Account Manager, Grocery is responsible for achieving annual volume targets associated with the regional business for designated Retail Grocery Accounts with direct account responsibility.
- Develop incremental business within assigned Retail Customers
- Develop and execute an aggressive merchandising support plan for all existing and new proprietary products, maximizing customer advertising and promotional activity.
- Develop weekly activation calendar for key grocery categories in conjunction with customer category teams objectives
- Key sales lead in the execution of the grocery portfolio expansion and innovation launches
- Develop and establish key business relationships taking the business to the next level and aiming at driving profitable volume
- Support the relationship and performance management process with key supplier stakeholders
- Support creation and tracking of the annual business plan in delivery of annual goals
- Complete monthly business reviews tracking performance against pre-aligned targets
- University Degree or College Diploma with minimum 5-10 years of industry experience
- Experience in grocery industry preferred with minimum 5 years previous experience calling on National Retail Banners.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish relationships;
- Understands & practices “solution selling”; willingness to develop sales strategies and motivated to learn more
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Ability to travel.