Quality Assurance Manager –
The Manager, Quality Assurance is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of all quality assurance, regulatory (e.g. MPIP, CVS etc.), and HACCP/FSEP programs. This role is also responsible for food safety and regulatory compliance to ensure that the Company’s objectives for food safety and regulatory compliance meet or exceed regulatory agency’s requirements.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and reassess all of the Quality Assurance programs required to operate a federally licensed establishment:
- Validation programs (e.g. moisture, chilling, etc)
- Regulatory (e.g. MPIP (Modernized Poultry Inspection Program), CVS (Compliance Verification System), etc.)
- Microbiology (e.g. Salmonella, E. Coli, Listeria, etc.) and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) /FSEP (Food Safety Enhancement Program) programs with a goal to achieve compliance to regulations, operational efficiency and maintain best practices in the industry
- Work with the Plant Operations, Product Management and Product Development Teams on new products launch and ensure new and existing products meet specifications
- Implement quality enhancement processes such as Quality by Process and resulting corrective actions from audits. Implement procedures at the plant level in conjunction with the Plant Operations (i.e. production, maintenance, sanitation, etc...) to achieve process improvements and cost savings
- Facilitate and review all environmental sampling, compliance reports and report findings to Maintenance and Plant Managers and Corporate Risk and Environmental Manager to achieve compliance to regulations and maintain best practices in the industry
- Orient all employees on quality, regulatory and food safety principles and policies and ensure they remain current in their knowledge
- A Degree in Food Science or a related discipline and a minimum of three to five years of proven food safety experience in a Quality Assurance management capacity is required.
- Certified to manage/inspect Evisceration function (i.e. MPIP certification) would be preferred
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing food processes
- HACCP Certification and strong knowledge of Statistical Process Control, GMPs, Quality regulatory requirements and systems
- Strong leadership and communication skills
Build your career, apply today!