Shipping Supervisor and Production Scheduler- Mitchell Plant
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Shipping Supervisor & Production Scheduler is accountable for managing the shipping function and production schedules for the Mitchell facility.
- Manages the shipping department to ensure timely delivery of products. This includes scheduling of labour and truck load configurations and completion of required paperwork.
- Creates and manages the production schedule for the facility. Ensures supplies required for production are ordered. Balances raw product supply with daily customer order requirements.
- Accountable for monitoring outstanding orders and conducting follow-up with suppliers.
- Provides effective leadership and direction to hourly employees (coaching, cross-training, addressing and resolution of issues and concerns).
- Accountable for coordinating and reporting weekly physical counts. Participate in maintaining inventory accuracy (spot checks, etc.). Report inventory key performance indicators.
- Position assists the Commodity Team by providing appropriate documentation and production reports regarding pre-sell loads and excess product to aid in attaining highest return possible for excess product as well as forecasting potential shortfalls in raw product.
- Position liaises with Logistics and Mitchell Production and other Sofina facilities as to capability and capacity for sales requirements.
- College Diploma preferred
- 10 years of production planning and/or scheduling experience
- Advanced skill in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with inventory processes and distribution is required
- Knowledge of food processing operations and an understanding of meat processing considered an asset