Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Plant Superintendent oversees the day-to-day order fulfillment activities at the facility while maintaining efficient production in required quality and quantity. This position leads the Plant Production Team in achieving key metrics for safety, environment, quality, customer service and cost.
- Provide leadership to the assigned team while cultivating Sofina’s culture;
- Ensure that the assigned business metrics including yield, labour efficiency, line speed, sanitation and overhead expenses are achieved;
- Ensure timely fulfilment of customer orders within the specifications;
- Ensure product quality and adherence to production specifications to meet customer expectations and business objectives;
- Maintain a safe working environment;
- Monitor effective deployment of Human Resources programs and practices throughout the plant and ensure the correct administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- A Degree or Diploma in business administration or engineering discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the meat processing industry, demonstrating increasing responsibility and success in various roles, or equivalent combination of experience and training;
- Proven experience in, and ability to manage within the terms and conditions of the collective agreement(s) and corporate human resources policies;
- Knowledge of computer applications, including work processing and spreadsheets.