Senior Building Operator -Markham, On
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Building Operator is responsible for managing all activities for the commercial building located at 100 Commerce Valley Drive West to ensure it is maintained as a first-class building which includes developing strong relationships creating and executing preventative maintenance (PM) programs for equipment and the structure.
- Maintain and repair the building and its appurtenances, fixtures and equipment by optimizing performance of building systems through preventative maintenance programs (includes mechanical systems, elevator and HVAC systems).
- Proactively inspect property and equipment to detect deficiencies before building operations and tenants are impacted
- Primary point of contact for tenant maintenance and repair concerns. Execute solutions and where necessary, engage contractors to perform work in the building while simultaneously balancing multiple demands and projects
- Oversee the building emergency services and perform regular checks of the systems (alarm systems, security systems etc.)
- Ensure tenants are billed for any additional services provided, in accordance with their respective leases.
- Flexibility for occasional evenings and weekends
- 10+ years of extensive Building Operator or Commercial/Office Building Maintenance experience; preference will be given to experience in a first class high-rise office building.
- College or trade school diploma/ certification (especially with focus in Building Environmental Systems (required)
- Strong knowledge of building systems, building code and general operations with experience designing and implementing preventative maintenance programs
- Knowledge of planning, prioritizing and scheduling projects (managing scope, time, cost, quality, contracts)
- Ability to diagnose/troubleshoot and perform the appropriate maintenance work.
Build your career, apply today!