Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Afternoon Shift, Plant Superintendent is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the plant, during the afternoon shift, while maintaining efficient production in desired quality and quantity. The position leads the afternoon production teams as well as the supporting departments (shipping, maintenance and sanitation) in achieving key performance indicators for safety, environment, quality, customer service and cost.
- Demonstrates leadership to production supervisors and hourly employees to ensure consistent quality of work.
- Oversee production operations assuring quality and adherence to production specifications to meet customer expectations and business objectives.
- Accountable to achieve the assigned business metrics including yield, labour efficiency, sanitation, overhead expenses, and fulfillment of customer orders.
- Maintains effective communication of expectations and goals throughout the plant environment.
- Accountable for a safe working environment through the development of strategies focused on accident reduction as well as energy and waste minimization.
- Ensure compliance to all OHS, environmental, regulatory and corporate standards.
- Accountable for the effective allocation and utilization of human resources.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Plant Manager in their absence.
- A degree in business administration or engineering discipline and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the meat processing industry demonstrating increasing responsibility and success in various roles, or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in leading a diverse team, with a proven record in developing collaborative and supportive teams.
- Proven experience in, and ability to manage within the terms and conditions of the collective agreement(s) and corporate human resources policies.
- Knowledge of computer applications, including work processing and spreadsheets.