Pre-Op Supervisor (Night Shift) - Burlington
Reporting to the Manager, Quality Assurance, the Pre-op Supervisor (Night Shift) is responsible to train and supervise Pre-op Inspectors. Ensure that tasks are conducted consistently, efficiently and meet the needs of the business. On a day-to-day basis, the Pre-op Supervisor (Night Shift) ensures that the plant is ready for production after sanitation. Laisses with sanitation to ensure that the objectives of food safety and regulatory compliance are met or/and exceeded regulatory agency’s requirements, company standards, and customer requirements.
- Trains and supervises Pre-op hourly inspectors;
- Coordinates and performs Pre-Op Inspections as required;
- Communicates immediate Pre-op findings and endure corrective actions are taken and performs statistical analysis on data generated during Pre-op;
- Feeds information back to sanitation management to help them correct chronic problems;
- Works with sanitation supervisors to help determine root cause of sanitation deficiencies;
- Perform pre-operational swabs and assists in the development of SOP’s and forms;
- Follows up on outstanding issues and communicates back to Supervisors & Quality Assurance Department;
- Performs assigned project work to solve problems or improve quality or productivity.
- Degree in Food Science or a related experience;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Food Safety/ Quality Assurance;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong ability to judge and make timely decisions;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of HACCP and Food Safety Systems;
- Computer literacy (spreadsheets – MS Excel).
Build your career, apply today!
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.