Pork Supply Chain Planner – Burlington
Reporting to the Director, Pork Supply Chain, the Pork Supply Chain Planner is accountable for the supply and demand planning activities for fresh pork and providing master schedules to plant operations to balance production to internal and external pork demand.
- Accountable for short and long term planning activities and allocation of product to sales forecasts;
- Accountable for balancing supply for processing plants to meet customer order requirements;
- Accountable for providing working direction to production planners at plant level;
- Accountable for Long Term allocation of supply and production capacity for Feature Activities;
- Coordinates with business performance to provide direction to plants to utilize and balance to the daily/weekly production to maximize margins;
- Coordinates with Hog Procurement, Manufacturing and Sales to meet customer order requirements;
- Keeps knowledge of Pork Industry current and understands impact on business.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business ;
- Strong understanding of the Pork Value Chain from production through to processing to sales;
- Effective data collection and analytical skills;
- Computer – Microsoft; database management;
- Excellent Negotiations/Influencing skills;
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
Build your career, apply today!