Reporting to the Director, IT Applications, and the SQL/EDI Programmer is accountable for maximizing the behaviour and performance levels of assigned business applications. The position leads strategies, initiatives, and processes for business applications. In addition, this position is responsible for understanding the operation, configuration and technical aspects of assigned business applications and for working with and guiding business divisions on how to solve business problems using technology.
- Accountable for monitoring performance and behaviour of assigned business applications (EDI), meeting planned availability and performance levels, and dealing with external partners (VAN, SaaS, WMS).
- Accountable for assisting application users to resolve application issues as they arise. Provide troubleshooting, recommend and implement approved improvements to the business systems and processes.
- Accountable for personalizing and customizing assigned applications to meet the evolving needs of the business divisions.
- Accountable for investigating opportunities with application users to fully utilize application functionality. Act as a key liaison between company users, customers, the software vendor, Finance and IT implementing company-based applications and processes and procedure.
- Accountable for ensuring all refinements to assigned applications are appropriately analysed, designed, constructed, and tested prior to migration to production and implementation.
- Accountable for coordinating information services staff to address refinements for assigned applications
- Accountable to operate efficiencies through consolidation and reconciliation of all purchase orders and invoices, improvement of audits of all business document transactions and quick compliance with the organization and clients’ mandates
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or business and/or minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Extensive experience with SQL, AS400, SSRS,SSIS and MS SQL Server including database administration
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be strongly versed in standard application development lifecycle, including analysis, design and construction
- Ability to Foster a mindset of continuous improvement in every process, person and product and detail oriented with ability to lead and manage change
Build your career, apply today!