Production Supervisor (2) – Burlington
Reporting to the Superintendent, the Production Supervisor (2) will supervise production operations on assigned shift in accordance with production schedules and standards that achieve/meet requirements for safety, regulatory compliance, environment, quality, customer service and cost. As part of the Plant’s leadership team, contributes to building and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement.
This position could be for any of the production areas which include Kill, Lower departments and Upper cut.
- Accountable to work within the Burlington HACCP/GMP plan to maximize the value and yield of the purchased live product and meet all regulatory criteria. Responsible for covering LOAs, Vacations, and Sick shortages for other supervisors;
- Provide coaching, cross-training, addressing and resolution of employee-related issues and concerns within the framework of the Company’s policies or collective agreement ensuring consistency in dealing with employee issues;
- Accountable for ensuring the H&S of their employees by utilizing tools such as regular safety talks, administering first aid, prompt and detailed incident investigations and follow up on recommended corrections;
- Monitors effective deployment of human resources throughout the process while ensuring the correct administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory role;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Meat Processing Industry and demonstrating strong responsibility and success in various roles, or equivalent combination of experience and training;
- Experience in an Unionized environment and ability to manage within the terms and conditions of the collective agreements;
- Computer literacy (work processing and spreadsheets – MS Excel).
Build your career, apply today!