Quality Assurance Technician
Humberline - Afternoon Shift
Reporting to the Manager, Quality Assurance, the Quality Assurance Technician monitors and inspects Sofina Foods products, materials, equipment, and production facilities to comply with the plant’s Quality Assurance programs and specifications, to excel customer expectations ensuring compliance with government regulations.
- Understand all Quality Assurance documents such as HACCP Plans, CCPs, pre-requisite programs, Standard Operating Procedures and complete corresponding records and on-sites to ensure procedures and records are followed and completed appropriately;
- Perform Quality Assurance checks to ensure all procedures are fully implemented and compliant;
- Conduct training on food safety and quality requirements for associates;
- Participate in internal and external quality audits, operational reviews and projects, providing timely feedback to the Manager, Quality Assurance and Plant Management on quality issues and recommend corrective actions and preventative measures;
- Provide QA coverage and support to operations activities
- Certificate or Diploma in Quality Assurance or a related discipline, with relevant food processing experience;
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, GMP, Quality regulatory requirements and systems;
- Strong understanding of manufacturing food processes;
- Proficient skill in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
Build your career, apply today!