Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Business Performance, the VP, Research and Development will be responsible for all product development initiatives and for effectively managing the Research and Development department, as well as motivating and mentoring the Research and Development team.
Education & Experience
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree in a technically oriented field, preferably food science or engineering.
• A minimum of 20 years progressive experience in a food manufacturing environment with at least 10 years in a leadership role in R&D and product development.
• Demonstrated food science expertise.
• Experience specifically in the meat and poultry segment of the food industry is an asset.
• Demonstrated experience in Project Management
Skills & Behaviours:
• Demonstrated leadership experience. Ability to influence decision makers through presenting a solid business case for recommendations
• Passion for food, and food science.
• Demonstrated excellent organizational and project management skills. Demonstrated ability to successfully operate within a high intensity environment.
• Excellent leadership skills, with aptitude for motivating, as well as coaching and mentoring people. A collaborative leader with ability to inspire for and drive results through engaged team.
• Good conceptual skills
• In-depth knowledge of a broad range of products, ingredients and processing methods. Expertise in sensory evaluation of foods
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent mathematical skills
• Practical ground floor approach to executing technical challenges and projects
• High sense of urgency; customer service expertise
• Keen interest in fostering continuous improvement and moving the organization forward.
• Analytical ability; methodical thinker and problem solver; attention to detail
• Computer literacy (intermediate MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint)
• Expertise in PLM and PMO software programs, an asset