Manager, Trade Marketing
Reporting to the Director, Trade Marketing, and the Trade Marketing Manager (TMM) is the primary link between brand marketing and sales. This role will work closely with sales to develop, deliver and analyze customer plans designed to maximize volume, market share and ROI while leveraging brand strategy. A successful candidate must be able to demonstrate big-picture thinking while leveraging past sales experience to deliver executable, detailed tactics. An entrepreneurial mindset and ownership attitude is critical to achieving results.
- Deliver Sales Fundamentals (i.e. Pricing Strategy/ Promotional Plans /Optimized Distribution)
- Develop and communicate trade strategies to the Sales team, track utilization and refine as required
- Be the “voice of sales” to Brand Marketing, ensuring latest customer and market dynamics are integrated into short and long term plans
- Support Sales in the Annual Planning process with development of analytical back-up, realistic and aggressive plan options, and providing best practice findings to deliver overall corporate objectives
- Assess market development opportunities – by Customer by Region, by Brand and by Segment
- Facilitate and track three year and current year brand plans to ensure achievement of Critical Drivers at customers
- Perform post-promotion analysis of customer trade events, track ROI and share learnings across the organization
- Drive operational excellence in execution of new product launches
- Develop, organize and communicate tools for the sales team including sell sheets, point of sale material, customer programs, instore signage etc.
- Attend customer meetings with sales team to deliver customized customer programs as needed
- Bachelor’s degree is required with an emphasis on Business or Finance is preferred
- Minimum 4+ years of branded CPG industry experience (Trade Marketing, Shopper Marketing or Account Management)
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of trade spend drivers and measurements (ROI)
- Must have experience analyzing SKU level data, and be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, as well as Nielsen and Retailer POS systems (Precima, Dunnhumby, IRI, etc)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Insights
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
Build your career, apply today!