Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Human Resources Generalist is accountable for administering HR programs, policies and procedures and for meeting the Abbotsford Plant’s and Hatchery’s staffing needs to support business priorities. The position provides guidance and advice to employees and responds to a variety of Human Resources related questions. This role will also assist the department in other administrative duties such as organizing training sessions and company events.
- Lead the recruitment and selection processes for hourly and employees in accordance with company standards to ensure that plant hourly recruitment needs are met.
- Track and report on key HR metrics.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, union representatives and external contacts.
- Administer the Attendance Management Program to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Manager Short Term Disability claims including regular follow-up to the employee and providing updates to supervisors of return to work.
- Participate in aspects of the Collective Agreement interpretation and application and grievance process to ensure that employee-related issues are properly addressed and resolved.
- Conduct workplace investigations as required.
- Organize and facilitate training sessions.
- Administer policies and practices; implement corporate-wide and local initiatives.
- Organize company events at Abbotsford plant and hatchery.
- Provide administrative support as required
- Diploma or Certificate in Human Resource Management.
- At least 3 years’ experience in operational HR Management, preferably in manufacturing.
- Knowledge and understanding of recruitment and selection methodologies and practices, provincial employment and human rights legislation required.
- Experience in full cycle recruitment in a unionized environment
- Good communication, conflict resolution and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).