Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance of all quality assurance, regulatory (e.g. MPIP, CVS etc.), and HACCP/FSEP programs; responsible for food safety and regulatory compliance to ensure that the Company’s objectives for food safety and regulatory compliance meet or exceed regulatory agency’s requirements; support Sofina Foods Inc. Quality by Process philosophy ensuring compliance with government regulations and excel/exceed customer expectations.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and reassess all of the Quality Assurance programs required to operate a federally licensed establishment.
- Work with the Plant Operations, Product Management and Product Development Teams on new products launch and ensure new and existing products meet specifications.
- Implement quality enhancement processes such as Quality by Process and resulting corrective actions from audits. Implement procedures at the plant level in conjunction with the Plant Operations to achieve process improvements and cost savings.
- Ensure that product meets or exceeds customer quality expectations (product, packaging, labels, etc.). Liaises with the Corporate QA to handle customer complaints and appropriate correspondence at the plants.
- Facilitate and review all environmental sampling, compliance reports and report findings to Maintenance and Plant Managers and Corporate Risk and Environmental Manager to achieve compliance to regulations and maintain best practices in the industry.
- Orient all employees on quality, regulatory and food safety principles and policies and ensure they remain current in their knowledge.
- Accountable for the maximum performance, technical competence and healthy management succession through acquiring, organizing, developing and motivating personnel.
- Accountable for preparation and participation in all third party audits. Assist in follow up corrective actions and preventative measures from audit findings. Recommend and implement approved improvements to production processes, etc., that increase food safety.
- A Degree in Food Science or a related discipline and a minimum of three to five years of proven food safety experience in a Quality Assurance management capacity is required. Must be certified to manage/inspect Evisceration function (i.e. MPIP certification).
- For RTE (Ready-to-eat) establishments, microbiology knowledge and understanding is required.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing food processes.
- HACCP Certification and strong knowledge of Statistical Process Control, GMPs, Quality regulatory requirements and systems.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.