Reporting to the Manager, Quality Assurance, the Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for assisting the QA Manager in maintaining the facility’s HACCP, pre-requisite and BRC programs. This includes all necessary documentation reviews, task monitoring/verifications as well as facility audits, product sampling and 1:1 associate training. It also includes testing requirements, pre-operational inspections, data entry and record keeping as well as other projects as deemed necessary by the QA Manager.
- Primarily responsible for the day-to-day functions of maintaining the HACCP systems in the facility
- Swabbing (ACC and Listeria)
- Record keeping of task and monitoring documents
- Associate training (deviation/preventative measure/updates)
- Approving product for Shipments
- Coordination of product sampling for specific testing based on program requirements.
- Ingredient sampling, CofA review and release of ingredients for production to use
- Water and Air sample collection
- Data entry of test results into electronic spreadsheets
- Coordination of product holds and releases
- Certificate or Diploma in Quality Assurance or a related discipline, with relevant food processing experience;
- Basic understanding of HACCP principles and government regulations in regards to meat processing
- Proficient skill in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) to create spreadsheets, reports and written letters of response
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices
- Strong Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to interact with internal/external contacts
Build your career, apply today!