Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Scheduling Coordinator will plan and schedule production to meet customer needs while ensuring optimal utilization of Company resources.
- Responsible for ordering fowl for Plant A and B, making changes to orders as needed and updating receiving schedules.
- Responsible for frozen trim inventory, investigates discrepancies and orders in required amount.
- Arranges transportation of frozen requirements from Western Canada and the U.S. and coordinates load shipments with distribution.
- Determine fowl requirements and order from suppliers.
- Monitors and arranges deliveries of bone in breast.
- Runs inventory and order reports for Plant B, ensuring all orders will be filled.
- Answers general inquiries concerning inventory and interacts with plant personnel daily.
- Determine what products to make and when to ensure product efficiency as well as fill rates and inventory levels for batter/breading facility.
- Determine defrost requirements and send out for raw material usage.
- Completes daily and month-end consumption reports for all Plant A and B production.
- Enters packaging department numbers into schedule attainment.
- Determine future raw material requirements (2 to 3 weeks out) for all raw materials purchased and arrange delivery dates, locations, etc.
- Determine raw material releases from outside storage and communicate to the appropriate personnel.
- Procure poultry requirements and arrange transportation and communicate PO's, delivery dates, etc., to the appropriate personnel.
- Enters production schedules and meat receiving information into MRP database system.
- Determines production traceability on a monthly basis as a member of the mock recall team.
- Completes typing of receiving schedules and issues purchase orders.
- Completes typing of Plant A scale sheet, entering cooler and packaging weights and typing of cook information received from cook operator reports.
- Reviews sales forecasts to determine general production requirements.
- Sets-up production schedules as required for Plant B for 2 – 3 weeks out.
- Adjusts schedule to meet changing needs (e.g. equipment breakdowns).
- Coordinates Plant B defrost schedule.
- Participates in daily production meetings.
- Acts as a backup to the Scheduler.
- Post-secondary diploma in Materials Management, Production Planning or related field.
- 5 years progressive related experience in manufacturing.
- Intermediate computer literacy in excel, word processing and MRP type applications.
- Keyboarding speed of 60 wpm