Production Supervisor (AM) – Brampton
Reporting to the Plant Superintendent, the Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising production operations on assigned shift(s) in accordance with production schedules and standards that achieve/meet requirements for safety, regulatory compliance, environment, quality, customer service and cost. As part of the Plant’s leadership team, contributes to building and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement.
- Providing effective leadership and direction to hourly employees (coaching, cross-training, addressing and resolution of employee-related issues and concerns) within the framework of the Company’s policies or collective agreement ensuring consistency in dealing with employee issues
- Accountable to ensure that their production area is in an ‘audit-ready’ condition for impromptu audits
- Appropriate resource allocation and time management
- Communication and an on-going reinforcement of production performance indicators/requirements (i.e., health and safety; food safety and quality, customer service, cost, etc.)
- Accountable for ensuring the H&S of their employees utilizing tools such as regular safety talks, administering first aid, prompt and detailed incident investigations and follow up on recommended corrections.
- 3-5 years of experience in a food processing industry
- Experience in a unionized environment
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Work timings: 5:30AM - 2:00PM
- Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel).